We offer driving course with driving test for key workers
If you are a key worker, you may be eligible to take an emergency driving test. Call us for up to date info and dates available.
Who counts as a key worker?
The government has identified those whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or who work in critical sectors for the economy, as key workers;
- Health and social care
- Education and childcare
- Key public services
- Local and national government
- Food and other necessary goods
- Public safety and national security
- Utilities, communication and financial services
For full details on who counts as a key worker, visit GOV.UK.
To apply for an emergency practical driving test for a key worker
You will need to complete an online form to apply for your driving test – click here to apply
Also you will have to provide the following;
- UK driving licence number
- theory test pass certificate number
- a scanned copy or photo of either:
- your work ID badge
- an email to your work address from your employer, confirming you work for them
- a letter (on headed paper) from your employer, confirming you work for them
- your occupation
- the reason why you need to pass your test
- your phone number
- your preferred test centre (if you want a quick test with us we suggest putting Blackpool test centre)
If you are accepted for the emergency test, the DVSA will confirm this to you by email. Please note you cannot apply by phone, we cannot chase up applications but we can help you apply for the test if needed. It is up to the DVSA to determine if you are eligible.
How much is the emergency driving test?
The test fee is the same price- £62 for a standard car driving test.
What is the emergency driving test like?
The driving test will be marked in the same way as before.There are some changes due to covid 19, for example you will have to wear a face mask (unless you have a good reason not too which you must state at time of booking). You cannot arrive more than 5 minutes early. Your instructor is not allowed to accompany you whilst on the test. Your driving examiner will direct you back to the driving test centre if the mistake you made means you’ve failed. The test will end early.
Have any questions? Give us a call/text 07870 271206 or send us an email